- Join the largest tertiary care centre and clinical research facility in New Zealand.
- Professional practice & growth opportunity with a New Zealand lifestyle experience
- Senior Medical Officer role with special interest in Echo and Peri-operative Cardiology
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Auckland City Hospital is New Zealand’s largest public hospital as well as the largest clinical research facility with close links to Auckland University and Medical School.
There are approximately one million patient contacts each year, including hospital and outpatient services. We provide expertise in all sub-specialities in adult cardiology including coronary intervention, TAVI, complex electrophysiology, multimodality cardiac imaging, cardiac transplantation and adult congenital cardiology.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Applications are invited for full time adult cardiologist. This role is a new position in the Green Lane Cardiovascular Service, Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We require an outstanding cardiologist with subspecialty expertise in echocardiography and a special interest in perioperative cardiology.
The successful applicant will join a team of 25 cardiologists and work closely with anaesthesia and surgical colleagues to improve journey for patients through the surgical pathway and contribute to the provision of acute care on the cardiology wards, referrals and outpatient clinics.
This role includes a mix of:
- General Cardiology: The successful applicant will contribute to the General Cardiology Service (inpatient and ambulatory care).
- Echocardiography: The echocardiography department performs over 10,000 echocardiograms a year including 2D / 3D TTE, ECMO and VAD assessment, exercise and pharmacological stress echo and TOE. Auckland City Hospital provides cardiac, renal, liver transplantation service, cardiac, vascular and neurosurgery providing a fascinating array of complex cases. A team of 7 SMOs and 10-12 trained and student cardiac sonographers contribute to the echo department. We support sonographer specialist training in ACHD, stress and TOE accreditation. As a department we are actively engaged in training anaesthetic and ED colleagues in echo to facilitate wider access while maintaining quality.
- Peri-operative Cardiology: As a national centre for renal, liver and heart transplantation, pulmonary hypertension as well as the regional centre for vascular surgery multi-disciplinary and speciality involvement is pivotal. The successful applicant would work with our active peri-operative team to improve collaboration, ensure timely and appropriate cardiology testing and ultimately optimise patient experience.
What’s In It for You:
- Joining a dynamic cardiology service committed to the provision of excellent healthcare for our population.
- Strong links with the regional cardiac surgical program and national heart transplant, ECMO, ACHD and paediatric cardiology programs.
- Opportunities for our staff to expand their practice through quality improvement initiatives, research, education, and developing clinical skills and expertise
- Relocation assistance available for overseas candidates
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
We are looking for the following requirements:
- Qualified adult cardiologist. Subspecialty training in echocardiography is essential and experience in structural heart disease imaging is desirable. A special interest in perioperative cardiology is required.
- You must hold FRACP (or equivalent international qualification) and be registered or be eligible for general registration as a Medical Officer with the Medical Council of New Zealand (mcnz.org.nz).
Click here to view the position description
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please click the apply button and attach your CV and cover letter or visit the ADHB career website: www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number ADHB15400
For an initial informal discussion, please contact please contact Dr Cara Wasywich, Service Clinical Director, Cardiovascular Services at CaraW@adhb.govt.nz or Associate Professor Nicky Edwards, Clinical Lead Echocardiography at NicolaEd@adhb.govt.nz
For help with your online application, please contact Maylaine Cerna, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement: (ASMS Senior Medical & Dental Officers MECA March 31, 2021)
This position is a Core Children's worker under the Children's Act & requires full safety checks completed before any new employee starts
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Pre-Employment Health Screening Read more