Senior Social Worker or Practice Supervisor - Social Work - Community Allied Health (Fixed Term)
- Outstanding Leadership Opportunity for an experienced Social Worker
- 0.7 FTE Fixed Term to 30 June, with the potential to extend for one month
We are looking for a Senior Social Worker or a Social Work Practice Supervisor, depending on the successful candidate’s experience and preference. You will become part of a team of enthusiastic, passionate Social Workers who deliver a client centred Social Work services to adults in the community.
The Community Allied Health Team is a large multidisciplinary service for adults who have physical health and disability needs and live in the Central Auckland region. Our Social Workers work in multidisciplinary locality teams and are committed to the holistic delivery of health services within the ADHB community providing integrated care that is coordinated around client needs.
The senior role is primarily clinical, while providing support to the Practice Supervisor. The Practice Supervisor role includes professional leadership, day to day management responsibilities and clinical governance of Social Work practice. You will have collegial support of the other Allied Health Practice Supervisors and the opportunity to link with Social Workers across ADHB.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience
- Has a passion for delivering high quality Social Work practice
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has an understanding of current issues related to the delivery of community based care within a multi-disciplinary team
- Is looking for an opportunity to develop or expand their leadership skills
- Preferably has experience providing professional supervision
- Holds a clean current drivers licence
This is a Fixed Term position to 30 June 2021, with the potential to extend for one month. The role is based at Greenlane Clinical Centre, but may also involve work within the community and at the Pt Chevalier clinical hub.
We welcome applications from Social Workers registered with the Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB), and holding a current Annual Practicing Certificate. You may have had supervisory experience, or looking to take that first step into management.
What’s on Offer?
At Auckland DHB, we encourage our staff to “aim high” and offer fantastic opportunities for professional development and other generous perks:
- Free educational seminars open to all staff
- Free onsite yoga and boot camps
- Subsidised gym memberships
If this opportunity interests you, we welcome you and would like to hear from you.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Please view the position description – Senior Social Worker and Practice Supervisor Social Worker
If you have any questions about the role you are welcome to contact Josephine Cullen, Team Leader via email: JosephineCu@adhb.govt.nz
For any other assistance please contact Kavitha John, Recruitment Consultant via email: KavithaJ@adhb.govt.nz