Application Support Analyst
Digital and Mobility
- Join a collaborative and hardworking team providing transformational technology to enable better healthcare in our communities
- Demonstrate your problem-solving skills and ability to adapt in a complex and constantly changing environment
healthAlliance NZ provides non-clinical shared services with an ICT platform to the four Northern Region district health boards (DHBs). Our work supports the DHBs’ collective aim of improving healthcare outcomes for the nearly two million people who live in our communities. Technology plays a significant role in the delivery of quality healthcare services and improving patient experiences. We work in collaboration with the DHBs to support their extensive ICT enterprise and to safely accelerate their digital transformation journey. Find out more at www.healthalliance.co.nz
About the Role:
As an Application Support Analyst in our small but high performing team, you will provide specialized application support for the users of clinical and business systems. This will require you to provide functional knowledge and education to users, to help them get maximum value for using these systems. You will be managing incidents, requests, problems, changes and release of applications. This will require you to collaborate with other technical teams and will require you to have a strong sense of ownership to ensure that issues are resolved promptly.
You will be implementing and testing technical changes through our development, test and production instances and will be part of managing the administration and operational health of those environments.
To achieve this, you must be able to build your knowledge and understanding of the applications end-to-end.
You will provide both telephone and remote support for a wide variety of systems – every day will be different!
You must be a collaborative team player, ready and willing to share knowledge and go the extra mile for your team and customers. You must be self-managing, outcome focused and able to communicate well.
We are looking for candidates with the following proven skills and experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience and knowledge in supporting and implementing vendor supplied and bespoke applications into a large corporate/community environment
- Experience in building technical configuration, testing applications using structured test plans and deployment
- Knowledge of SQL and Oracle databases and database technologies including medium complexity SQL
- Knowledge of minor programming/scripting.
- Knowledge of ITIL and associated Service Management best practises.
- Technical documentation, such as release notes, deployment plans, functional specifications
- Demonstrable understanding of Agile / DevOps principles and framework. Ideally have worked in an agile development team environment to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention
- Managing positive and constructive customer interactions and relationships
- Experience with hospital or health sector environments preferred.
- Tertiary degree in Health Information Management, Information Systems or equivalent qualifications / experience
Working in health brings its own special kind of reward and we’re passionate about it. Through our people, there’s a collective drive to deliver professional, sustainable and efficient services, creating a workplace that people are proud of in the process. We embrace diversity and inclusion and provide a safe and supportive environment where our differences are celebrated and where individuals can thrive.
If this great opportunity sounds like you, then don’t hesitate, apply now!
Applications Close 4 February 2021
Please note only candidates who have the right to work in New Zealand will be considered and only online applications will be accepted