Clinical Nurse Specialist (Multiple roles) - Oncology, Cancer and Blood Services, Auckland City Hospital
Senior Nursing Leadership Opportunity!
- Exciting and challenging opportunity for personal and professional growth and development
- Multiple positions available - 1FTE Gastrointestinal Tumour, 0.6FTE Breast Cancer or 0.4FTE Lung Cancer
- Permanent positions based in Auckland City Hospital
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Oncology, you will be an advanced nursing practice role, working in partnership with the Radiation and Medical Oncology teams at Auckland DHB. You will be collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team committed to delivering quality care to this group of patients. Your passion will contribute to the commitment on providing the highest standard of personalised cancer care possible to our patients and their family/whanau.
You will be expected to provide expert clinical leadership for Oncology within Regional Cancer and Blood, other departments at Auckland DHB and within the Auckland DHB community and regional centres. It is expected that you will have knowledge of Regional and National Standards in relation to Cancer Care, ability in complex clinical case coordination, be computer literate and able to function collaboratively and autonomously.
To be considered for this role:
- Hold a current Nursing Council of New Zealand Nursing Registration and valid Annual Practising Certificate.
- Already obtained your Level 4 practice expertise as a minimum. A Masters or a Post – Graduate Diploma would be an advantage.
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience of oncology.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with and between all health care professionals involved in the patient journey is essential as well as problem solving skills.
- Expert clinical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Solution focused approach to your work with the ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- The right to work in New Zealand (Valid Work Visa).
Click here for a position description
Apply now by attaching your latest Cover Letter and CV.
For any questions about the role, please contact Jenny Burge, Nurse Unit Manager Jenburge@adhb.govt.nz
For assistance with the online application process contact Julie Galang, Recruitment Consultant JGalang@adhb.govt.nz
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker role as defined by the Act