Vascular Surgeon - Cardiovascular Service
- Opportunity to join our largest tertiary Hospital in New Zealand!
- Permanent position (Hours negotiable for suitable candidates)
- Flights organised for you
The Auckland Regional Vascular Service is looking to recruit an additional Vascular Surgeon to join our world-renowned Vascular Service. There are currently 6 surgeons in the department. We are inviting applications from Vascular Surgeons who would like to live and work in one of the world’s most liveable cities.
In this role there will be opportunities for the full range of Vascular Surgery including Aortic, Carotid, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Trauma, Renal Dialysis Access and Paediatrics. You will be responsible to manage endovascular sessions, outpatient clinics (Including out-reach clinics) and have specific responsibilities for the co-ordination of Renal Vascular Access. This position includes after hours on call availability.
The Hospital services many specialty areas and is the base for the National ECMO Service, Paediatric Cardiology, Adult Congential Cardiac Services, the National Intestinal Failure Service, National Liver Transplant and Complex Aortic Referrals.
- Work in New Zealand’s largest public hospital as well as the largest clinical research facility
- Opportunities for our staff to expand their practice through quality improvement initiatives, research, education, and developing clinical skills and expertise.
- Accredited Employer status which supports the work visa applications
- We will pay for your flights to Auckland
- Supportive team environment
You will bring:
- Vascular training and an interest in Renal Vascular Access
- You should hold or be eligible for FRACS (Vascular) and have or be eligible for membership of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery and Specialist Registration by the New Zealand Medical Council.
Click here for the Position Description
Please click on the link below to make an online application by attaching your latest CV and cover letter outlining your motivation to take up this role.
For more information on the role or to have a confidential conversation, please contact Andrew Hill, Service Clinical Director at AHill@adhb.govt.nz.
For help with your online application please contact Yvonne Reyes, Recruitment Consultant at YReyes@adhb.govt.nz quoting job title and reference number ADHB7574.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
As the ideal candidate, you will be either registered or be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Please note, you will be required to provide source verification of your qualifications for your registration application. For more information about the registration process and source verification of qualifications, please visit www.mcnz.org.nz”