2021 Training Year – Expressions of Interest - Anatomic Pathology Registrar (Fixed Term 6 months)
Northern Regional Alliance
- Protected training time, reimbursed training costs and supportive learning environment
- Work in New Zealand’s largest hospitals!
As Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand, there is plenty for you and your family to do here. Whether it’s dining at one of our world class restaurants, surfing our beautiful beaches or hiking through our lush forests, we have something for everyone! Working as an Auckland Doctor means that you have the opportunity to rotate at any one of our three DHB’s, which will give you exposure to a variety of different sub specialties and cultures.
Working as an Anatomical Pathology Registrar
By joining the Auckland Region as an Anatomical Pathology Registrar, you will be joining an exciting sub-specialty at the forefront of medical progress. Surrounded by a team of talented and supportive professionals, you will gain comprehensive experience in histopathology and cytology. Registrars rotate through Auckland, North Shore and Middlemore hospitals, where they have regular joint teaching sessions and are exposed to a wide variety of pathologies.
College Training and Exams
All registrar positions in the Auckland region are accredited training positions with the college. The training program encompasses all the requirements for attaining a Fellowship from the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia.
Training involves five years in accredited laboratories and sitting the following four exams:
1. Basic Pathological Sciences Examination: This is usually taken in the 1st year of training.
2. Discipline specialty Part I: This is usually taken in the 3rd year of training.
3. Cytopathology + Small Biopsy Examination: This is usually taken in the 4th year of training.
4. Discipline specialty Part II: This is usually taken in the 5th or final year of training.
- You need to be at least in your PGY2 year at time of applying
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Check if you’re eligible here